Here's our boat!

Here's our boat!
Aunt Aggie is a 35 foot Mainship Trawler.

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Quiet Sunday

We went to the sunrise service at the marina this morning at 7:00 am.  First Presbyterian Church of Savannah came out to Isle of Hope to celebrate Easter.  As we sang the first hymn, the sun rose and shone on the faces of young and old, dressed in finery or jeans.  It was a beautiful start to the day.


Here is the sky just before the sun rose.


We returned to the boat and had breakfast and read the paper.  Then we took a walk.
We went a different direction and saw more well tended homes and yards.

 I like to turn around and see the curving road, shaded by mossy trees.


This type of detail adds to the scenery.

I finished knitting my scarf yesterday, just in time for spring.  I was using leftovers from baby blanket projects.  Also I needed a task for crossing bays and sounds.  I will be starting new scarves if anyone wants one in these colors.  


Other news:
My other new hobby/obsession is playing Words with Friends.  I have three games going with friends from Atlanta.  I am not a great wordsmith; however, I enjoy playing.  After realizing that I'm losing all my current games, I am getting more focused on points and working harder.  Tonight we have the loaner car and are going to see McFarland USA, the movie with Kevin Costner.  It sounds worth our time.  Right now we are waiting for company:  Our friends, Jenny and Donny, are doing the pop in on their way home from Jacksonville.  It's too windy to sit outside, but we can have an afternoon tea party in the salon.  It will be good to visit with old friends.


1 comment: