Here's our boat!

Here's our boat!
Aunt Aggie is a 35 foot Mainship Trawler.

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Updates from Aunt Aggie

The Hindu sets sail into the sunset.


Greetings from Aunt Aggie!  Here are updates on a few subjects:

Crime report:  George checked the Monroe County Sheriff's office report online and found no news of any arrest at our marina.  So no news so far.

Health report:  Martha feels better today.  Her headache is gone. Praise God!  She still is coughing and blowing her nose.  

George is better but still sneezing and snotty.  He slept 11 hours last night and three hours during the day.  Usually having George sleep is the key to happiness and health.

Preparations:  We plan to leave Stock Island on Monday and travel 45 miles to Boot Key Harbor at Marathon Key.  There are over 200 mooring balls there, plus there is anchorage space.  It is a fun and safe harbor.  We may need to stay there for three days to wait for the next weather window. Check it out on google earth.  It is a huge harbor full of boats.

Today George vacuumed, I went to Publix, and a dockhand gave us a pump out. The shuttle was broken, so we had to take a cab (paid for by the marina).  But it was a slow trip, taking about 1.5 hours to shop.  I bought lots of fun and healthy food.  We need to get back into healthy eating.  (We started last night with a dinner of rice and black-eyed peas.)  We have been very lazy today, trying to get healthy.  

I am reading a great book, Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline. Anne brought it to me.  Just what I needed as I recuperate.  I am reading so much!  That is one great gift of this boat trip.  I am richly blessed with stories- stories from people I meet and stories I read.  

Here are Harper, Louie, and Asa from one month ago when Asa was just 2 weeks old.  Since I don't have any great photos from today, Harper said I could share this with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment