Here's our boat!

Here's our boat!
Aunt Aggie is a 35 foot Mainship Trawler.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sunday in Leland


 View of Leland River from Bluebird Restaurant

We had a lovely morning in Leland.  We had coffee and read the Atlanta newspaper.  Then we went
to brunch at the Bluebird Restaurant.  It was terrific.  They had delicious eggs, french toast, sausage and bacon + potatoes (no grits, George noted). Then a table of tasty dips.  I tried warm artichoke and parmesan, one of my favorites, and asparagus hummus (a new taste). There was a separate fruit display and two tables of desserts.  I could not eat any desserts, but I enjoyed something from every other category.



You know you're in a touristy place when the grocery looks like this. 

We had a good chat with Caronell, a friend from home.  Then we ran into the grocery for more Michigan wine. As we walked back to the boat, thunder started booming.  We could see dark clouds on the lake.  A storm was coming. We had several hours of rain, but Aunt Aggie was snug and dry.  I finished a silly, fun novel, Tricky Business, by Dave Barry, and George did some engineering work.
We had a long talk with Jessie, our daughter-in-law, on the phone.


I took this photo to show the water rushing through the marina, but you can't really
get the effect.  Beyond the breakwater, there are whitecaps on the lake.

The sun came out, I went for a walk, and George took a nap.  We have a few more folks to call, and then we might play bridge online.  The first calm weather day this week is Thursday, so we have lots of time on our hands.

Note:  I added a paragraph about Charlevoix to my Top Towns page today.

No comments:

Post a Comment