Here's our boat!

Here's our boat!
Aunt Aggie is a 35 foot Mainship Trawler.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Busy Day in Little Current

Little Current Swing Bridge only opens on the hour.  We were lucky to slip 
through in on Sunday at 5:10 pm.


Today I did lots of chores so we can leave tomorrow.  I did two loads of laundry, filled up our water tanks, washed off the bugs, walked to the store and pharmacy and LCBO, and bought a small piece of Canadian art.  My friend Sue from Tranquility came over.  I was so glad to see her.  We were last together in May at the Rendezvous.  We had a good long chat and walked to the grocery together.

George is feeling better today.  He worked most of the day on engineering projects.  His chair is near the back door, so he can look out on the world as he cogitates.

After my errands George set up the log book for Thursday, and I went into the hold to check the oil and coolant and tweak the switches for the fuel tank transfer line.  These are usually George's morning tasks.  We did them today, so I would not feel hurried.  George watched and directed from above. It was not hard.  Of course, I didn't have to do the messy jobs yet:  adding oil or coolant.
Now we are relaxing and having happy hour.  There are no loopers here this evening.  

This morning there were four looper boats on this dock, and we had lots of time to chat and compare stories with them.  I finally met Gail from At Last, who started the loop in Okeechobee, FL.  I have heard of that boat for quite a while, so it was fun to meet her and talk.  We had a long talk about New Jersey troubles and other loopers we both know.

We feel peaceful.  Last night I came outside at 4:20 am to look for shooting stars from the Perseid Meteor Shower.  Tonight I will try again.

News flash:  Sue and Dan from Tranquility just dropped in.  We are so glad to see them.  They are 
dear friends.  Dan wanted to see us, so they came by before going out to dinner.

Tomorrow we will go 60 miles to Blind River Marina.



1 comment: