Here's our boat!

Here's our boat!
Aunt Aggie is a 35 foot Mainship Trawler.

Friday, October 9, 2015

Celebrations and Statistics


We got out the gold burgee today, showing we are gold loopers,
who have completed the loop.

This is a day of satisfaction and transition.  Our friends, the Murffs, left Aunt Aggie today to return to Atlanta.  They were such good company and helped us celebrate our completed loop.  

Good friends make a big occasion even better.

We returned to the boat and hung our gold looper flag on the bow. It looks fresh!

There are lots of loopers here, but we only know a couple of boats. I met some ladies in the laundry room, and we exchanged the basic information about home port and length of time on the loop, but my heart was not in the conversation. We will not become friends.  George and I are headed home, and they are headed to the Fall Rendezvous.  They are starting the loop, and we are finished.  

George fetched some cardboard boxes from the ship's store, and we packed the galley and our art.
We are neatening the cabinets, so Aunt Aggie will look good for prospective buyers.  We have the loaner car this afternoon, so we can buy a few groceries and collect more boxes for packing.  

Here are some numbers that describe our loop:

Miles Traveled: 5820 
Total Days for the Loop: 366
Travel Days:  152
Days away from the Boat:  85
Pump Outs:  25
Boat Cards Collected:  110
Good Friends: 33 boatloads


Thank you for reading this blog.  Writing daily was important for me in several ways.  I was able to process and remember our trip because I wrote each night. I tried to be honest, so that I would remember the real details of our days.  I appreciate the many of you who were regular readers.  I did think about you during the day and carry you with me.  Sharing the adventure made it even better.

Tomorrow I will share twelve lessons I learned from the loop.





No comments:

Post a Comment