Here's our boat!

Here's our boat!
Aunt Aggie is a 35 foot Mainship Trawler.

Friday, January 23, 2015

Street Scenes

This is the view on the other side of the dock.  This is Coconut Row, where the permanent live- aboards stay.  They have small tents on the land behind their boats. I've never been in a place with so many sail boats. 

We had a leisurely morning and breakfast and then went downtown around 11:00 am.  Our guests enjoyed touring the Hemingway House. We had already been, so we let them out, found street parking, and drank iced sweet tea on the porch of the Six Toed Cat next door.  After they finished, we all walked by the lighthouse and the Southernmost Point in the USA.  Here is an interesting sight from the walk:

Who throws away that many coconuts?


After more window shopping, we returned to the car and went to Conch Republic Seafood for lunch.  It was delicious.  Most of us ate Cuban sandwiches. There was a good acoustic guitar player singing old songs.  My favorite was "I Will" by the Beatles.  I never hear that song.  I was pleased that I remembered the words:
"And when at last I found you
Your love will fill the air
Make it loud so I can hear you
Make it easy to be near you
All the things you do endear you to me
Oh, you know I will." 

Donny and Jenny at lunch.


After lunch we walked and looked at more street and fine art.  When we came by Kermit's Key Lime Pie Shoppe, we heard more fine music.  We peeked through the fence and saw three young men singing "American Pie."  The oldest guy played a terrific keyboard and was the lead singer.  Two guys are brothers, and the other is a friend.  They finished their set with Jerry Lee Lewis.  Wow!  That is Key West:  happening onto good music.  They are 17, 14, and 13 years old, called "The Boys."  I googled but did not find any information.  We'll look for them again.








No comments:

Post a Comment