Here's our boat!

Here's our boat!
Aunt Aggie is a 35 foot Mainship Trawler.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Flags

While we were waiting for Katherine and Eddie to arrive at noon, I walked around the marina and took photos of flags flying on boats.  Some flags have been removed due to yesterday's high winds, but I did get a representative sample.

There are various categories for flags:  country flags are popular.

Flag of Cuba

Key West is also known as the Conch Republic.

Old Glory flies from lots of boats.

This is the American Great Loop Cruising Association flag that is on the front of loopers' boats.
When we walk around a marina, we look for this and meet other loopers.



Individual boats also have their own flags.  Here is a flag for a boat called Wine Down:

See the red wine glasses?

These flags fly from the back porch of Aunt Aggie.  I found them in Tortola and bought them as a birthday gift for myself. We get lots of questions about them.  What do they mean?  I think of them as island art.  



This boat is flying a flag from their hometown in Ohio:  


This flag says, "National Tractor Pulling Championships"  from Bowling Green.

Here are two mystery flags.  Can anyone identify these?  The owners weren't home to tell me the stories.





As I wandered around the marina, I also saw this cool art on the bow of a ship:






No comments:

Post a Comment