Here's our boat!

Here's our boat!
Aunt Aggie is a 35 foot Mainship Trawler.

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Football Saturday- Hooray for Tech and War Eagle!

We are still in Dunedin, FL; this is our third day.  The weather has improved.  It's sunny.  This morning an egret landed on our bow.  This is my view as I do the dishes:



I'm feeling lucky.  Last night Patriot and Blue Willow, two looper boats, hosted dinner.  They cooked hamburgers, and everyone brought a side dish.  Fourteen people gathered and shared funny and scary stories of their looping trips.  Navigator is finishing the loop in 100 miles.  We are the newest loopers.    We have been with some of these loopers for a few nights: We feel more relaxed and included with them.  To have friends on the loop, you have to push yourself socially, accepting invitations and showing up with drink in hand at cocktail hour.

Today George and I made more plans for December.  I spent a long time researching marinas in Ft. Myers and calling them to find out their monthly rates.  George worked on our accounting.

Finally it was time for the GA Tech - Clemson game.  We walked to Cricketers, an English pub in a shopping center, and watched the game.  It was thrilling.  Yes, I'm sorry the Clemson quarterback was hurt; I am also so glad his injury was not caused by a Tech player.

We walked home and are now reading.  My latest book is The Moviegoer by Walker Percy.  I tried it many years ago and didn't like it.  I have so much time to read now that I hope I can get into it and enjoy it.  I do appreciate the writing.  A fun thing about marinas is that they have places to share books and magazines, so I am reading a ton.  That is a way that George and I get distance from each other.

A forgotten beer becomes a little GA Tech celebration video.
(Movie had to be removed in order to print this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment